Monday, September 17, 2012

Recipe: Balsamic Chicken

I really do enjoy cooking but I prefer to cook fancy meals when my husband is home and is available to keep the kiddos entertained. When Mike is at work and we are running from playgroup to playgroup I usually end up making our meals in our handy little Crockpot. When I ran across this recipe for Balsamic Chicken (first seen here) I just new that I had to try it out. The recipe mentions adding it to pasta but I paired it with some yummy veggies and it was delicious!



Ingredients:
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
  • 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • ground black pepper and salt to taste












Directions:

Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes. Cook on high 4 hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment